Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Terror Attack!

Bangalore blasts!! 9 blasts and two people killed?? First from shock, I moved to sadness for the loss. I love Bangalore, being the city of my birth…The ‘garden city’ with its beautiful Lal bagh and Cubbon parks. I love the streets that are adorned with flowers due to the cool breeze that the trees sends our way even during the hot summer months. Even as Bangalore has developed into the Technology city, the old beauty and charm still remains.
Bangalore has changed over the last few years. The travel congestion can beat any developed country in the world. The city has got a bad reputation in the press, largely also due to the call center culture. The real estate prices are very exorbitant. But still, in the end, the city makes you addicted to it. Right from the mouthwatering food all around, to the warmth of the people from all walks of life, Bangalore dances to a separate beat.



So it was a shock when Bangalore was rocked with bombs !! Its sad that the most peaceful city, is now a target for terrorists. It is bad enough that the we have to grapple with incomplete flyovers and polluted air. But to have bombs go off near our homes, is even worse. Terrorism seems to come home direct to our doorstep. For years, we have read articles about Kashmir and the northeast India, grappling with terror. Somehow, even though they are an integral part of our nation, the terror seemed further away. But a taste of it in Bangalore , I can sense the terror and anger in every citizen here. I hope that the Indian government wakes up to reality. While they are internally fighting and trying to get their people,into the most lucrative cabinet positions, the outside world is intruding in.
It’s so easy to get carried away with day to day problems that we encounter. But for our generation and the generations coming after us, we have to leave a legacy of peace, and I pray, that every human thinks of peace first instead of picking up a weapon of harm.

No comments: