To Momma...with love
Mother’s day... and frankly till this year I never did much care for it. To me my mom was always around… and i probably never missed her warmth, her tenderness, her care to keep us happy always!!Life has changed dramatically over the year , and so has the sentiment surrounding this day. As I read through the many blogs that talk about mother's day, my thoughts are just the same…but I still feel my momma is the best.
Back home...At 10 in the night, as I lie in my mother's lap getting a head massage, I actually wonder how nice it feels to become irresponsible again.
A sense of parental caring, a rare sense that there is someone 'to mind it all'. I don’t have to think about what is for breakfast, lunch or dinner and it is all there piled up on the stainless steel plate that has been mine since the time I was born. And what luxury!- I don’t have to remind my mom as to what would tickle my taste buds. :)
With dad with his newspaper sitting by my side, bro on the study table pretending to study but trying hard to listen to our gossip about absent family members :)… granny on the other side continuously giving me her valuable inputs as to how I have to take care of the going to be born... What more could I ask for? ?The unexpressible emotions, the long-established signals of communication and the unchanged meaning of silence... Its all been the same even though its been 6 months since i left my home.
In between all this, I miss him and wonder how he is taking care of himself. Despite all those petty fights (fond though they are) we throw at each other over the phone, I deeply wish he were here. I wish I can hold his hand and lean on his shoulder and whisper softly how much I miss him.
But yet again, I revisit carelessness as I lie curled around in my mother’s lap. Mother’s tenderness and love feels so cozy, especially when my little one is already telling me that it is time for this woman in her mother’s lap to change roles…very soon.
3 comments:
Damn good way of puttin things dude.. I heard myself sayin amen after each sentence (except fer de part about pretendin to study :) )..
I ve never known u so expressive before.. I mean, even when highly emotional all u ever used say was with as much sentimentality as a 'hi, nice weather'. I see u ve changed, fer de better.. Wish u d teech me too :)
n hey, v miss u a LOT too.. No, make it a hell LOT..
TC++
Damn good way of puttin things dude.. I heard myself sayin amen after each sentence (except fer de part about pretendin to study :) )..
I ve never known u so expressive before.. I mean, even when highly emotional all u ever used say was with as much sentimentality as a 'hi, nice weather'. I see u ve changed, fer de better.. Wish u d teech me too :)
n hey, v miss u a LOT too.. No, make it a hell LOT..
TC++
thanks a ton :)!! started writing it 4 months back ...:D
added the last few sentences, modified it slightly, completed it now and thought it was the right time to publish it. :D
Post a Comment