Blurry Memories
There is not one, but hundreds of those sweet memories of childhood that I have been talking about these days. Lately, I have started becoming too nostalgic. I talk about my childhood days more often. Those sweet memories of childhood seem to be turning into a reality…yet once again… as I realize that I am talking about these memories to a friend who shares the same feelings, same thoughts and not to mention, the same experiences. I have very vivid and happy memories of my time spent during childhood. Be it home, school, the club, parties, picnics or just those long silent walks in the colony…all these are remembered, and when I do, I cant help but smile and think of all those people who made my days so special and fun. Just to pen down a few of those experiences that seem so close to the heart even after there are so many years that have passed since I had any of these sweet experiences.
The petty fights, The clubs that we formed, The shared secrets, The 'orange' chocolates, saving small cents to buy the colorful ‘yummies’ packets, Burying the butterflies (after keeping them as pets), Licking the ice candy, Chats at the favorite shop…the ‘gullus’, Skipping competitions, Cheating during hide and seek, Small crushes, Ghost stories, Unexpected holidays, Power cuts during exams, Supandi joke, The Ajji kodulu (I think this is specific to typical bangaloreans :)), The “mewad” ice creams, the tom and jerry shows, the new year celebrations, saving money to buy those cakes for a best friend (finally the cake would all end up on the face :))…, morning walks during the summer vacations, those throw ball matches, small jealousies (think of those and I feel so childish and immature :))God!! The list would continue…
All these memories bring a gleeful smile on my face, a smile that craves for the innocence long lost.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nobody can ever forget their school and college life. The memories that we have till our college will be present with us throughout our lifetime. Those were the days I lived without fear, expectation and of course commitment. Whenever we meet friends after a long time, we talk about the moments which defined us in college/school. The way we used to tease girls, runaway from them when they chase us, share a cup of tea with four or five, eat at canteen on your friends account, cut college to attend cinema, eat in the same plate, taking bath in the hostel bathroom, crying after loosing a cricket match, celebrate new year with your friends, helping friends to propose and carrying messages for them, bike journey to Ooty, sleeping on the parks, roaming all night, doing the college project with your gang, enjoying the college trips... I can keep writing about it any day and all day. I can certainly tell that those were the best days of my life.
Post a Comment