Friendship...or the lack of it
I happened to overhear a conversation between two seemingly best friends. One of them was struggling hard to get the truth out the other one (something sad had happened in her life!!) . What struck me most is; she seemed to say ‘Am I not your friend, and don’t I have the right to know what s happening in your life?’.
How do people take the others for granted. S, maybe you are close to the other person…gone out a couple of times…had tea, lunch or whatever it is…but, there is always a border... a limit. If one person does not actually feel like telling out his/her feelings, y force him/her with this kind of emotional blackmail? Not everybody is an open book and not everybody would like to share their feelings, problems or joys with every other ‘friend’ in their life. A ‘true’ friend needs to know that everybody needs to have their own personal space and entry into this area (however close the other person may be) is always prohibited.!!
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Archana thats a great learning. I just loved this blog of yours.Because i have experienced this too. I have shared things with all of you when i felt i have to share that , and i have hidden a few things also. NOt all things can be told to all of them.. Its mainly the feelings of a person whic you would like to share it with ; either it can be my mom, dad ,siblings or friends.I cant share everything with my mom and dad and similarly i cant share everything with my friends either.The particular feeling loses its value when shared with everyone.
Post a Comment