Its been two years since I left college and looking back, I feel there has been such a drastic change. From the road side sev puri to Pizza huts. From buying the pirated books on roadside(after bargaining…or at least trying to do so) to Crossword…from the “by two” mango juices to Corner House, from sandwiches at “Razzmatazz” to McDonalds. Life surely has changed so much…but the amount of fun that we have in the group of our own can just not be substituted. There are so many things that have still remained unchanged. At the same time, there has been a lot of learning. I surely feel that I have grown up (I did not say grown old :) )
I have learnt that I have to think about what I want first, before I give a damn to what others think about me.
I have learnt that I have to be a good listening post before I come to conclusions.
I have learnt that I have some features that can irritate others, when they can put up with me, I have to put up with them too.
I have learnt that remorse is not a way of cleaning up the dirt.
I have learnt that I am not the General Manager of this Universe and that I am definitely not responsible for what happens in the life of everybody around me…(this of course is one of the biggest lessons that i have learnt)
I have learnt that, It good to say the right thing at the right time. But it is GREAT to keep your mouth shut at the most tempting moment
I have learnt that I need not feel offended since I am not God :)…everybody makes mistakes.
I have learnt that I should not make the same mistake twice, especially when there are so many new ones to make :) .
But still, I feel I have to grow more… In what aspects, I have yet to find out…
And, to follow it up with a joke...
On a ship, the Project managers of three diff companies belonging to 3 different nations were traveling with their Trainee guys. They started an argument on whose Trainee engineer had more guts. The American PM called for one of his men and told him to jump off and take a round swimming around the moving ship. The Trainee did as he was commanded. The American PM boasted of by saying, "See the guts!"
Now the German PM called out for one of his men and asked him to take two similar rounds around the moving ship. The Trainee did as he was told. When he came back from the water the German PM said, "See the guts!"
Now the Indian PM called out for his most Courageous man And asked him to take five similar rounds. The Trainee promptly replied, "Tere baap ka naukar hoon kya??? " The PM proudly said, "See the guts!" ;))
2 comments:
Hmmm... Good Post.... and why is it that everyone is talking about learning and growing up.. :) :)
thanks...
who else is growing up?? :)
Post a Comment